-->

Saturday 16 May 2015

5 WEEKS UNTIL LIFT OFF

A blog on a blog? That's what this is, right? So that makes this my first blog post on the Camp America seactioooon (say that the way its spelled, for a few shits and gigs) of this blog. This is literally from day one of my Camp America journey. So, it would be amazing if you could, how do I say this without sounding really cheesy? I don't think I can really - Oh well - Americans love a bit (a lot) of cheese, let's all have a really cheesy moment together and I'll just sound like a big old American cheese ball and say it: THIS IS MY CAMP AMERICA JOURNEY, WHY DON'T YA'LL COME ALONG WITH ME.

I think I exceeded my expectations of cheese there, that was literally mature cheddar with a slice of melted mozzarella on top. Mmmm!!


So, I leave in 5 weeks. 

The 15 year old me hearing about CA for the 1st time and wanting to do it is very happy right now. #flashback

I am 50% excited, so excited I want to pack a bag now and go.

But also 50% ... Absolutely bricking it.

First of all, I'm a Geordie. Now seriously, the camp I'm going to looks beautiful ... and relaxed and not anything at all like Newcastle. I think it's private, their parents pay a lot of money to send their kids there basically. Then there's me, with this stupid, horrendous Geordie accent - I rock up and they're all going to be sat there like, what? 

Literally, that's how Americans talk isn't it? I can't say I'm not dying to meet the kids though. I have years and years of me being the "go to" victim, so I can handle it. I don't know why, but every job I've had, every circle of friends I've had, even people I literally just meet - it must be my face of something - but everyone literally has my life 25 hours a day, 8 days a week. 

Another reason I'm a mixture of excited but terrified is because: This is me, we are talking about. Wherever I go, chaos follows. Not really, really bad chaos but I am the girl who nearly got arrested while at the U.S. Embassy fgs so it goes without saying. Expect me to get lost. Like. ALL the time! 

I'm in the process of writing lots of lists. I love lists. Stuff to take, things to do, all that carry on. It's so real now. In just 5 little weeks I'll be on a plane and jetting off to New York. I can't even type about it, I'm that excited but like I said, here and on the actual Camp America page you'll find pretty much everything I can think of to do with the whole process. So feel free to comment and what not and I hope it helps!! 

This post is pretty long but YEAAAHHHHHHH 5 WEEKS!!!!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!!
I CAN'T EXPRESS EMOTIONS WITHOUT LOOKING LIKE XD :D :L =] 
BUT I AM VERY HAPPY RIGHT NOW. STAY POSTED HOMIES. 

I don't know why I said homies.