-->

Monday 15 June 2015

BIG TICK FOR NIKE



The last pair of trainers I bought, I was 11 years old. (shameful I know) and yesterday I Threw them away. I must have graduated from jelly shoes straight in to whatever felt comfortable or heels that I didn't know how to walk in - for whatever reason I skipped trainers. 

I do enjoy sports but never realised the importance of having a GOOD pair of trainers. From what I gather, it's very important! Probably half the reason I have a gammy foot is down to not wearing a half decent pair when I've been running about and what not, so yesterday I vowed for a change and off on a hunt for a companion trainer shoe I went.


Now for all I do enjoy sports, I've always been a one for pretty things: Imparticular? Pretty shoes. I'm not THE most clued up of sorts fashionistas. 
When entering the shop, I was taken in instantly by all the amazing colours and patterns. Why had I never went sport shoe shopping before? 

Still, I wasn't entirely sure if brightly patterned shoe attire was the 'in' thing. Yes I know you shouldn't follow the crowd but I'd always been under the impression that gym gear was boring and bland and so I'd lived a life of grey, black and white with maybe the odd stroke of colour.  

How wrong was I?

I texted the two people that would know best. My gym bunnies whom I live with - One a personal trainer and the other a complete gymatron, if anyone could help me decide it was them. 

"Colourful trainers! What's the verdict?"

Waiting for a reply I started having a bit of a prowl. Excited to be entering the 21st century world of sport. 

And then I saw them, the pair that I knew I just had to have.



         
NIKE Flex Trainer 5: Bold berry/white/lava glow 

Bright, summery, not too in your face, not tacky, slick but fun looking and would look great with a tan. I had to have them. 

"Yes yes yes!" popped up on my phone, but I no longer needed confirmation, these were perfect! 

Supporting you feet during sport is really important, simply to help prevent injury and maintain posture. Generally just helping performance, if your feet are comfortable then you will perform better. Common sense really but for the last 9 years I seem to have been lacking in that ...

They felt amazing!!!

They also happened to look extremely cool. Bonus.

They're available in 7 other colours, all of which are really nice and I think would be perfect for summer. Purple and orange (berry and lava) are actually two of my favourite colours, bold and bright and they pair together fantastically. For variations of colours find them HERE.

You'll see instantly what I mean by colour, so much selection. I actually purchased my flex trainers from Sports Direct, y'know ... because they always have a sale on. Price has actually always been one of the things that put me off from buying trainers - yes, even though I have zero obligations from spending £60 on high heels. Logic? Yeah I know.

However, these were actually bought as a gift (thankyou Dad) for me going away to America, they were also reduced by £17.99. I picked these up for £42, reduced from £59.99. I think my Dad was pleased.

I do also think you get what you pay for however and it's worth investing in a decent pair. 

Trying these on: INSTANT support, instant comfort. First thing I noticed was how lightweight they were - perfect for running and won't bog your foot down in weight like what some trainers tend to do. 

They are made out of mesh material so very airy, which will help them from starting to smell like sweaty, stinky feet. 

Running on these feels literally like running on clouds, so soft and light. My feet felt weightless and I could keep these on all day and not get the urge to rip them off my feet. This is because they have a padded insole, absolute heaven on your foot. 

I had so much control over my feet, this sounds stupid but with my old trainers my ankles were constantly slipping around everywhere; with these it's easy to run and I feel I can run faster.

The rubber has been placed in a way that it provides excellent cushioning - again, adding to the overall support and durability.

The grip on the sole is waffle grip so you don't slide around on damp floor or wooden flooring. 

I absolutely love these Trainers and I'm glad I chose NIKE. They seem like excellent quality and definitely live up to my expectations ... plus, they look fantastic.

If you're after a quirky pair of sustainable, suitable trainers then definitely have a look through NIKE's running range. 

I will be heading back some time very soon to add to my new founded trainer collection.